Hello There!

7:13 AM Stephanie 0 Comments



It’s been awhile since I wrote my last blog post. The 2nd half of 2018 was, hmm, what can I say, a time that was overwhelming with an influx of situations (some I don’t like to remember as much) and I couldn’t muster up the courage to talk about it, let alone write about it.

For starters, losing a dear friend who I looked up to as the most inspirational person I’ve come across in life had me swept away. Words can never express how I felt at that point in time and how I processed it and maybe I’d never be able to process it. But, as life goes now, the only thing that’s left to do is live around it and remember the beautiful soul he was on this earthly realm. And, sometimes I like to think that apart from this realm that we live in, there’s possibly another realm out there.

Secondly, my take on marriage and spending the rest of my life with someone just took a head spin. I mean, with an influx of divorce rates and illicit affairs you see on a day to day basis, you wonder, what in the world are these people really thinking? When people take their wedding oaths, they talk about unconditional love, together forever and what not. But then again, how in the world is it unconditional when you legally bind yourself to someone and then don’t even put in the effort to make it work. Everyone thinks it’s a walk in the park. So, no thanks to that. Pretty happy with the notion of living together with someone and basing my relationship on trust practicality to work it out. I don’t want to join the army of unhappy people out there. I mean, if you’ve got brains, why not use it right?

Thirdly, after you hit 30, things start changing involuntarily. As in, personality wise, what you enjoy spending your time on… all of that really. As an individual I enjoy my alone time and company more than ever right now. An influx of people around me pretty much suffocates me, if you know what I mean? Anyways, as much as I’ve loved to do a lot of things on my own during previous times, it’s even more right now. I literally LOVE my ALONE TIME. It helps me regenerate my energy and gain momentum to work towards the life I truly desire.

Fourthly, despite what happens, I’ve learnt that when you decide to surround yourself, you should always do so with people and animals who make you laugh and who bring out the best in you. And, understand your need for alone time and leave you be. Laughter, I would say, even during the worst of times, helps you overcome things that you possibly thought you couldn’t. Laughter yoga sometime maybe?

I know what you’re thinking. It’s a pretty random blog post but you know I've been in hibernation for a while, gathering my thoughts and trying to piece them together. And here I am, with an abstract post of some of the things I’ve been thinking about.

Adios until next time…and don’t forget to have some wine and dine when you don’t feel fine 😊

Much love to all universal creatures out there!

0 comments: