Monday Mornings

8:57 PM Stephanie 0 Comments


One of them weird, eerie feelings right? It's Monday's psychology to tell you that 'IT'S ONLY JUST THE BEGINNING'. Beginning of the draggy week of never-ending occurrences of what we refer to as 'work'. That word work just makes me cringe you know. Did I just read your mind? I'm sure it makes most of you cringe as well. I have watched and read countless amounts of videos and blog posts on how positive thinking will help you go about accepting Mondays as if it's your best bud. That, my dear, is a false statement. If you take a look around, a majority of people, wake up and get their bum chums to work, to make a living. I mean, if we were given the choice and money was handed over to us FOC, I highly doubt we will be doing what we do on a daily basis. At least I know, I won't. Especially true in the case of working for other people. I mean, you're helping another individual live their dream. You may not share the same passion or vision but you just force yourself to wake up and make it up to work on a weekly basis. Mondays are basically a reminder for you to get you going in terms of what you don't even want to do. Us human beings live such pathetic lives sometimes.

I was reading this book called 'Mean Genes', just this morning with the hope that it would motivate me to be more passionate about work. Well, it didn't really motivate me in that aspect. However, it motivated me to get me thinking about why us humans do what we do. Sometimes it doesn't even make sense. Kudos to the authors for putting so much perspective into the writing of this book. If I ever meet these two, I'm sure to give them a tight handshake each.

Hopefully, there will be light at the end of the tunnel somewhere down the line where the world won't be dictated by how much you earn. Instead, I sincerely hope that the world will transform into a place where you will be able to live out your passions freely without any limitations that get in the way. We all live one life and I think it's fair to say that each one of us would like to indulge in true happiness it has to offer.

Happy Monday Peeps!

May it be better than you expected 😁

0 comments: