Living for Today

12:16 AM Stephanie 0 Comments

Someone very close to my heart told me that instead of thinking of tomorrow, we need to live for today. It really got me thinking. So if I were to think of living today, I'd probably give of my time and energy to the things or people that matter to me the most because we never know what will happen tomorrow. Maybe I'd add helping a living being or a couple of living beings into the mix as well and appreciate God's creation of this beautiful planet that we have conveniently destroyed. 

So many of us take so many things for granted without realizing what's here today could be gone tomorrow. It only takes a moment for things to change. So I guess its important to take inventory and make sure that each day is spent wisely on things that matter because when we go six feet under, your soul will rest in peace with these beautiful memories. 

To me, no materialistic thing can replace the amount of smiles I can put on a person who really needs it, giving of my time and energy to people who I value no matter how hectic my day gets, feeding a couple of road doggies and teaching a 10 year old to pray to our invisible, father and friend. 

I guess today will continue to remain our reality and tomorrow will remain a possibility. Living for today really makes sense so open your heart, mind and soul to life's truest essence. 

0 comments: