Trapped Identity

2:19 AM Stephanie 0 Comments


There is a stranger looking right at me,
Wrapping me around in locked chains.

Locked chains that I cannot escape,
Creating bruises of heart-felt pain.

Making me feel like I am trapped,
Trapped in my blood-shot veins.

My head is constantly spinning, 
The echoes are always ringing.

The voices keep growing louder,
It keeps growing louder everyday.

Making me want a little saving grace,
Saving grace from a heavenly place.

Keeping me painfully breathless,
With a soul that keeps feeling lifeless.

Numbing me to the core of my being,
A being that needs a peaceful haven to breathe.

Prolonged confusions of the soul's emotions,
Emotions that stray from the mind's reverberations. 

The pain. Oh, the dreary pain.

An epiphany of a dual mind tangled,
With loose ends that keep me wrangled.

Who is that, looking back, right at me?

A reflection of a lost identity,
Resonating with dual egocentricities.

Whispering things into my head,
Things that I cannot comprehend.

I feel the shadows of darkness overpowering me,
Leaving me trapped in a place that I cannot leave.



0 comments: