Life Analogy

1:17 AM Stephanie 0 Comments


In this chaotic world that doesn’t make sense to me, discovering where I fit in is one of the toughest puzzles that I am yet to solve. Leave alone making decisions, but initiating the very same decisions is an exhausting process that can leave you lying in realms of hopelessness. It feels as if you can never recover from this cell you place yourself in.

We all love to do things in life, numerous things but it is a basic human characteristic to stay in our comfort zone. But, I wonder, when you stay in that comfort zone, do you tend to look back at your life and regret not doing what you wanted to do in the first place? The emotions that surround it probably seem surreal. At that point in time, I’ll probably want to invent my very own time machine, go back in time and focus on working towards my happiness. ‘My happiness’ being key. I am still 27 so I am presuming that I still have time on my hands to re-invent my purpose and figure out where I fit in.

Oh, the exhaustion!

Where I come from, everyone seems to be pretty comfortable warming up their chairs in their very own comfort zone. Be it genes or the type of people I have surrounded myself with, my brain is wired differently. Differently, yes. In what sense, you may wonder. My perception of the world can seem a bit warped compared to the normal thinking folk.

Oh well. Chaotic world is what I see.

 People are too busy defining success in terms of money and wealth. The very same man made things that have progressed from the so called barter system. I would have preferred things to be that way. People seemed much closer to nature and they focused on the simplistic things in life.

What do they say? Economic growth? Development?

 Money plays a huge part in all of this. Funny isn’t it? These man made paper notes are eating into our world. It’s defining relationships and it’s dictating how things work, anywhere and everywhere. It’s drawing lines between the rich and poor when all of us are human beings. This is what exhausts us. Don’t get me wrong. Money has done us all a huge favor but with everything, there are those pros and cons. So, the cons of money are swept under a rug, most of the time at least. It isn’t about good virtue or moral values above the rest anymore. It’s about materialism. Placing importance on an artificial world we’ve created. Constantly trying to make it close to perfect by man-made objects.

Sometimes I wish I could just move into a wilderness in a distant place and live my life. Who knows, maybe I would, someday. I’ll wake up one morning and leave everything behind me. Start afresh, closer to nature. The very same things that were in existence before all of our man-made objects came into play.

When I am feeling down, the sea is what calms me. The big, blue sea. The sound of the waves makes me feel like my worries are washed away. It’s a beautiful feeling and if you think the way I do, you are bound to know what I am talking about.

It’s nice isn’t it? Imagine waking up to that every day of your life? Life would certainly be a blissful reality.

0 comments: