Crossroads

2:02 AM Stephanie 0 Comments


Everyone comes across cross-roads at some point in their lives. I mean, it's only natural to be faced with situations of this nature. And, sometimes most of these circumstances will prove as a much-needed essential or a wasteful redundancy. 

As a woman of 29 years of age, I'm possibly at that point in my life. Back in time, I'd look for what I would refer to as a challenging work landscape. But, as I reach the age of 30, my perceptions have shifted towards questioning my beliefs on how challenging work should be. Yes, work should serve a good purpose in our lives indefinitely. But, I'm convinced that work serves as a stepping stone to do the things I want to do. Work, essentially helps me work towards these very same goals. Work translates into my gateway to do all of that. This realization has significantly impacted my perception towards my prioritizations and how I perceive my life 10 years from now. I mean, day in and day out, I meet people whose work life seems to be much more of a priority than anything else. It's like work sucks the life out of them - leaving them in a human form of nothing-ness. I, myself am guilty of that sometimes. You get so caught up in the chaos and stress work emits into your life and it just spirals you down-hill. When you look back in time, you don't even know what hit you. 

It's a sad state of affairs. 

As I grow older, one thing I've realized is that I don't want to feel this way. And, I will make a genuine effort to change my work circumstance if it doesn't serve the purpose of fulfilling what I want to do and how I want to live each day and take every moment as it comes.

Through all my work entrances and exits, I have realized that, at the end of the day, I want to live a simple life. A simple life where I have a family of my own, creating experiences that will never be forgotten. Memories that will flash before my eyes before I take my final breath. Memories that I can look back and laugh at no matter how old I get. Memories I can reminisce while I grow old, hand in hand, with a significant other.

When you come to think of it, it's not really that complicated. Our choices are what makes it complex. The choices we make without realizing what would serve the greater purpose. A solidified, purpose that would help subside the pointless murmurs. Pointless murmurs that encircle into the depths of our minds, confusing us to a level that we should play in a game that has no name.

So, with all that's going on, don’t forget to take a breather once in a while. Once in a while, so that you can make the best use of your time, and make your life worthwhile. 

0 comments: